With such plagues as writers block and lack of motivation constantly lurking around every corner, quotes from other writers (who have most likely dealt with these same problems) can be a saving grace of sorts for the rest of us. Hence the reasoning behind the creation of “Quotes Corner.”Certain weeks may be themed (by author), while others may be random. Many will be writing-related, others may not be.
Writers need inspiration, and need it often. It is my hope that you’ll find some here.
- “It will be found, in fact, that the ingenious are always fanciful, and the truly imaginative never otherwise than analytic.”
- “In our endeavors to recall to memory something long forgotten, we often find ourselves upon the very verge of remembrance, without being able, in the end, to remember.”
- “They who dream by day are cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.”
- “All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream.”
- “Experience has shown, and a true philosophy will always show, that a vast, perhaps the larger portion of the truth arises from the seemingly irrelevant.”
- “I would define, in brief, the poetry of words as the rhythmical creation of Beauty.”
- “In criticism I will be bold, and as sternly, absolutely just with friend and foe. From this purpose nothing shall turn me.”
- “With me poetry has not been a purpose, but a passion.”
- “Never to suffer would have been never to have been blessed.”
- “The true genius shudders at incompleteness – and usually prefers silence to saying something which is not everything it should be.”
[Were these quotes helpful? Is there anyone you’d like to see here? What inspires you the most? Let me know in the comments.]