With such plagues as writers block and lack of motivation constantly lurking around every corner, quotes from other writers (who have most likely dealt with these same problems) can be a saving grace of sorts for the rest of us. Hence the reasoning behind the creation of “Quotes Corner.”Certain weeks may be themed (by author), while others may be random.
Writers need inspiration, and need it often. It is my hope that you’ll find some here.
- “Follow your inner moonlight; don’t hide the madness.”
- “I want people to bow as they see me and say he is gifted with poetry, he has seen the presence of the creator.”
- “My own experience is that a certain kind of genius among students is best brought out in bed.”
- “Poetry is the one place where people can speak their original human mind. It is the outlet for people to say in public what is known in private.”
- “The only thing that can save the world is the reclaiming of the awareness of the world. That’s what poetry does.”
- ““I have a new method of poetry. All you got to do is look over your notebooks… And think of anything that comes into your head, especially the miseries… Then arrange in lines of two, three or four words each, don’t bother about sentences …”
[Were these quotes helpful? Is there anyone you’d like to see here? What inspires you the most? Let me know in the comments.]