Reading Challenge: R.I.P. Challenge V at Stainless Steel Droppings!
It’s September 1st, which means it’s time for the R.I.P. Challenge over at Stainless Steel Droppings! I’ve been watching how this reading challenge unfolds for the last two years, but am finally taking the plunge and participating this year, despite grad school and other such craziness. The challenge runs from September 1st through October 31st.
The Details According to Carl (the host):
You can read: Mystery, Suspense, Thriller, Dark Fantasy, Gothic, Horror, and/or Supernatural.
There are two goals for the challenge:
- Have fun reading.
- Share that fun with others.
There are different levels of participation (we all function on different levels of “busy,” so options are a plus!):
- Peril the First: Read four books that you think fit the broad definition of scary.
- Peril the Second: Read two books that you think fit the definition of scary.
- Peril the Third: Read one book that you think fits the definition of scary.
- Short Story Peril: Read any short stories during the length of the challenge.
- Peril on the Screen: Watch any movies, TV shows, etc you think fit the definition of scary.
Carl asks that if you review anything you read for the challenge, please link to it on his review site.
What I’m Doing:
Want to Participate?
If you’re interested, hop on over to Carl’s blog and sign up! Happy Reading!