With such plagues as writers block and lack of motivation constantly lurking around every corner, quotes from other writers (who have most likely dealt with these same problems) can be a saving grace of sorts for the rest of us. Hence the reasoning behind the creation of “Quotes Corner.”Certain weeks may be themed (by author), while others may be random.
Writers need inspiration, and need it often. It is my hope that you’ll find some here.
- “Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better.”
- “All I know is what the words know, and dead things, and that makes a handsome little sum, with a beginning and a middle and an end, as in the well-built phrase and the long sonata of the dead.”
- “I have my faults, but changing my tune is not one of them.”
- “I write about myself with the same pencil and in the same exercise book as about him. It is no longer I, but another whose life is just beginning.”
- “In the landscape of extinction, precision is next to godliness.”
- “Nothing is funnier than unhappiness, I grant you that. Yes, yes, it’s the most comical thing in the world.”
- “Nothing matters but the writing. There has been nothing else worthwhile… a stain upon the silence.”
- “To find a form that accommodates the mess, that is the task of the artist now.”
[Were these quotes helpful? Is there anyone you’d like to see here? What inspires you the most? Let me know in the comments.]