Quotes Corner: Michael Crichton
With such plagues as writers block and lack of motivation constantly lurking around every corner, quotes from other writers (who have most likely dealt with these same problems) can be a saving grace of sorts for the rest of us. Hence the reasoning behind the creation of “Quotes Corner.”Certain weeks may be themed (by author), while others may be random.
Writers need inspiration, and need it often. It is my hope that you’ll find some here.
- “We all live every day in virtual environments, defined by our ideas.”
- “Books aren’t written – they’re rewritten. Including your own. It is one of the hardest things to accept, especially after the seventh rewrite hasn’t quite done it.”
- “In the information society, nobody thinks. We expect to banish paper, but we actually banish thought.”
- “It’s better to die laughing than to live each moment in fear.”
- “Discovery is always rape of the natural world. Always.”
- “I ma certain there is too much certainty in the world.”
- “Conventional wisdom is invariably out of date. Because in the time it has taken to become conventional–to become what everyone believes–the world has moved on. Conventional wisdom is a remnant of the past.”
- “It was the job of art to bring true feelings alive. To shock people into awareness.”
- “There is always a cause for fear. The cause may change over time, but the fear is always with us.”
http://anovelpursuit.wordpress.com/wp-admin/post-new.php[Were these quotes helpful? Is there anyone you’d like to see here? What inspires you the most? Let me know in the comments.]