With such plagues as writers block and lack of motivation constantly lurking around every corner, quotes from other writers (who have most likely dealt with these same problems) can be a saving grace of sorts for the rest of us. Hence the reasoning behind the creation of “Quotes Corner.”Certain weeks may be themed (by author), while others may be random.
Writers need inspiration, and need it often. It is my hope that you’ll find some here.
- “Don’t think. Thinking is the enemy of creativity. It’s self-conscious, and anything self-conscious is lousy. You can’t try to do things. You simply must do things.”
- “I know you’ve heard it a thousand times before. But it’s true – hard work pays off. If you want to be good, you have to practice, practice, practice. If you don’t love something, then don’t do it.”
- “Love is easy, and I love writing. You can’t resist love. You get an idea, someone says something, and you’re in love.”
- “Love. Fall in love and stay in love. Write only what you love, and love what you write. The key word is love. You have to get up in the morning and write something you love, something to live for.”
- “You can’t try to do things; you simply must do them.”
- “You fail only if you stop writing.”
- “You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.”
[Were these quotes helpful? Is there anyone you’d like to see here? What inspires you the most? Let me know in the comments.]